Respond By: 00-00-00
Job Title: 2020CENSUS.GOV/JOBS - VARIOUS
Area Census Office (ACO) Vacancies
Recruiting Assistant (RA): Responsible for outreach and contacting local organizations to request assistance in providing information about census jobs to the people they serve. RAs will assist people responding to job advertisements by answering their questions from the public about jobs, qualifications and how to apply. In addition, RAs will conduct formal and informal presentations about census jobs and work at the grass roots level to spread the word about jobs.
Office Operations Supervisor (OOS): Assists in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities required to support field operations, recruiting, IT support, and administrative activities. The OOS supervises, schedules, and assigns work to clerks and oversees related office operations.
Census Field Supervisor (CFS): Supervises Enumerators/Listers. CFSs train their staff, monitor progress and performance, troubleshoot issues and provide instructions, approve time and expense reports, and may document and recommend termination actions.
Clerk: Performs various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functions, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations, and support functions.
Enumerator/Lister: Conducts field activities such as updating address lists and maps, conducting in-person interviews to gather census data, and conducting other follow-up activities.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!!!
Federal Relay Service (800) 877-8339 TTY/ASCll
The Federal Relay Service (FedRelay) provide telecommunication services to allow individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, and/or have speech disabilities to conduct office business with and within the federal government.
The U.S. Census Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PAY RANGES VARIES BASED ON POSITION AND LOCATION:
$13.50 – $24.00 HOURLY
HELPFUL HINTS WHEN APPLYING FOR 2020 CENSUS
TEMPORARY – NON-MANAGEMENT POSITIONS
• An online application will is available and can be accessed by going to 2020census.gov/jobs.
• Applicants can reach the Customer Engagement Center at 1-855-562-2020 for assistance with the online application.
• An online assessment is required and will be available in both English and Spanish. *If choosing the Spanish version, you maybe required to take the Measure of Adult English Proficiency test. A timed test, which has two sections and takes 15 minutes to answer.
o The assessment for Field, Outreach, and Office positions, contains thirty-three questions and will take 10 minutes to answer. Applicants can be considered for all non- supervisory positions including Enumerator, Recruiting Assistant and Clerk positions.
o A second set of assessment questions is required for applicants interested in being considered for the Office Operations Supervisory and Census Field Supervisory positions. The assessment includes 9 multiple choice questions and takes approximately 10 minutes to answer.
• Must have a valid email address to apply and receive updates on your application status.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of hire date.
• Must be registered for Selective Service, if a male born after 12/31/59.
• Must pass a background check with fingerprints if selected for employment.
• Must have a valid social security card.
Other Job Resources
Social Jobs Partnership - www.facebook.com/socialjobs
Facebook, the Department of Labor and other partners are providing this link to eight major online job search resources in an effort to provide resources to help Americans use technology to find jobs